Mini-Dr Evil "Mini-Me" Powers is a major character in the Austin Powers franchise. He is Nigel and Mrs. Powers' Grandson, nephew of Austin Powers and Foxxy, son of Dr.Evil and Frau, Scott's brother, and Dr Evil's former posse. Also, Mini Me is Dr Evil's half son. Because of the fact, Dr Evil "Made Him" that means he is a mix of Austin Powers and Dr Evil's younger brother. Mini-Me is a clone, made by Dr Evil. Mini-Me was not made by Nigel or his wife, making him a mix of both.
Before Dr. Evil was sent back in time to 1969, his henchmen made him a clone, which was identical in every way, but was "one-eighth his size". Upon being introduced to his clone, Dr. Evil immediately declared, "Breathtaking. I shall call him... Mini-Me."
Mini-Me was originally designed to be exactly like Dr. Evil in every way, except he was much smarter and stronger (as well as completely mute). He became "the son he never had", which made him start to disrespect Dr. Evil's biological son Scott Evil.
Afterwards, when Scott becomes evil, Mini-Me decides to switch sides and becomes Austin Powers' new best friend and sidekick, redeeming himself.
Mini-Me likes to use the peace gesture when he wants to be friends with someone.
If he does not respect someone, he will usually flip them off as a means of insulting them (even though he only uses it once during the third film). On most other occasions, he prefers to express himself through written notes.
Overall, Mini-Me has proven that despite being a clone of Dr. Evil and originally one of his henchmen, he is truly a good and reliable person at heart.
- Mini-Me started off as the secondary antagonist of Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me, but joined Austin Powers when Scott became evil and became a supporting protagonist.
- Mini-Me has almost no dialogue in the franchise, beyond an occasional frightened "Eeeee!". Otherwise, he is silent, except for when he does his evil laugh with Dr. Evil.
- At one point, in the second film, when he is dealing with his malfunctioning chair, he briefly makes a noise that sounds like "Hey!".
- He has a pet named Mini-Mr. Bigglesworth.
- He has no respect for Scott.
- He doesn't like that Scott refuses to be on the good side.
- He tends to dry hump random things.
- He also likes to lip-synch the occasional line when Dr. Evil raps.
- Despite his small size, Mini-Me is a powerful and effective fighter, once giving Austin a considerable thrashing until the spy took advantage of his small size and flushed him out into space through a toilet. Despite being a clone of Dr. Evil, Mini-Me is shown to be far stronger and tougher than his larger counterpart as seen in Goldmember when they are lifting weights in prison. He was also given a significant beating in Goldmember, in which he was tied in a pillowcase by Austin and slammed through shelves and glass tables, only to stand up without a scratch. At the end of the second film it was shown that he can survive in the vacuum of space without protection.
- Upon seeing Mini-Me, Nigel says, "Blimey, I thought I smelled cabbage," thinking he is a carny (referring back to a quip from the first film). Mini-Me is appropriately confused by the remark.
- When Mini-Me becomes Austin's sidekick, he begins to dress like him. The reason for this is unknown, though it may be as a way to rid himself of Dr. Evil's appearance. However, he eventually stops dressing like this as shown at the end of the third film.
- It is unknown why Mini-Me is unable to speak.
- A memorable gag had him passing a series of notes to Foxxy Cleopatra, first stating she was so beautiful, she must be the clone of an angel. When she smilingly disagreed, the second note asked if she was sure she did not have a little clone in her. The third asked if she would like to. As seen by Nigel's reaction to Mini-Me's genitals ("My word! You're a tripod!" and "If you ever get tired, you can use it as a kickstand"), he seems to have a large penis, which may or may not also fall under the "1 / 8" rule. He uses this as an advantage at the end of Goldmember when he gets Britney Spears' cellphone number.
- In Austin Powers 4, Mini-Me will most likely not appear due to the death of Verne Troyer. Verne Troyer will be replaced by Warwick Davis. The film will be dedicated in his memory. The Mini-Family will appear.
- Dr Evil says that he is Mini-Me's father, though it is his younger brother