Scott Evil Powers is the secondary-later-final antagonist of the Austin Powers franchise. He is Dr. Evil and Frau Farbissina's smart aleck love child and was conceived in the 1960s when Dr. Evil took some of Powers' Mojo, even though he was told as a child that he was artificially conceived in a laboratory.
He grew up in one of Dr. Evil's lairs while he was still frozen. Once Dr. Evil returned and learned he had a son, he tried to bond with Scott, but he was resentful for his father being absent for so long and his father's comment that he was not "evil enough" on national television.
Biography[edit | edit source]
While Dr. Evil is an over-the-top villain with gratuitously elaborate schemes for world domination, Scott is a sarcastic intelligent young man with common sense. When learning of his father's evil schemes, Scott suggests ideas that are more straightforward and that would guarantee success (i.e. rather than slowly lowering the captured secret agent into a pool filled with mutated sea bass, why not just shoot him immediately with the gun you are pointing at him now?) Dr. Evil then dismisses Scott's ideas because, in his mind, Scott is not evil enough to be taken seriously.
In the second film, Scott follows his father back through time and says that they may be able to work their differences out. Dr. Evil replies that his clone, Mini-Me is his heir now, as he was created in Dr. Evil's own image. Scott assertes that Mini-Me will probably try to aggravate him; but Dr Evil just won't let Mini-Me and says that only him can deal with that ("He'll kill me the first chance he gets!" "Probably.") Later, Mini-Me writes a note saying "FU Scott". Scott is angered and somewhat disturbed by the note but Dr. Evil refers to it as 'sweet' (although he does grimace as he hands the picture to Scott). When he tried to attack Mini-Me, Scott's only support was Fat Bastard, who apparently cheered him on hoping for him to get the "baby" for him to eat. He is stopped by Dr. Evil who still shows contempt for his son and regards Mini-Me as the son Scott should've been. In Comedy Central's Canned Ham: The Doctor Evil Story, an hour-long preview special of The Spy Who Shagged Me, Scott states that one day he would "maybe" open a daycare center as a foundation with which to build an evil empire. In commenting on his father, he says, "My dad is an ass. But he's a really good dancer though." The film ends with Scott appearing on the Jerry Springer Show, in a follow up episode to his previous show visit, in which he learns he was never born/created in a lab as he was told in the first film. Instead, it is learned that Scott was actually born via in-vitro with Frau, Dr. Evil's right hand woman, being his mother.
When Dr. Evil is released from prison in the third film, he goes to a new lair in the Tokyo Bay to find a surprise. Scott has started to go bald, signifying he is becoming more evil. He has also gotten a present for his father, a pit full of sharks with laser-beams on their heads (a reference to the first film in which Dr. Evil requested sharks "with frickin' lasers attatched to their heads" instead of the ill-tempered mutated sea bass procured by his henchmen). Scott quickly replaces Mini-Me at his father's side (causing Mini-Me to join Austin Powers.). Also, when he helped his father dump Mr. Roboto into the shark tank to avoid having to pay a bonus, he seemed extremely exhilirated at Roboto's death to the point that even Dr. Evil was somewhat disturbed. However, at the end of the film, Dr. Evil renounces his evil ways, which results to Scott taking over the criminal empire with the help of Goldmember.
"Oh, come on! First, I'm not evil enough for you and now, you're gonna turn GOOD?!"
In the film's final scene, Scott is dressed in black and is now completely bald. He says, "I'm gonna get you, Austin Powers!" and uses his father's evil laugh before dancing about the lair in a Michael Jackson-esque manner. This was when he succeeds his father.
Family[edit | edit source]
- Dr. Evil (father)
- Frau Farbissina (mother)
- Austin Powers (uncle)
- Nigel Powers (grandfather)
- Mrs. Powers (grandmother; deceased)
- Mini-Me (father's clone)
- Mini-Frau (sister-in-law)
- Mini-Scott (nephew)
- Vanessa Kensington (aunt; deceased)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Scott is sometimes thought to be the main antagonist of Austin Powers in Goldmember. This is not true as Dr. Evil was the one who drove the plot and had bigger plans.
- The scene where Scott vows to defeat Austin a'la his father and dancing around in a similar fashion to Michael Jackson was not in the original script. It was created due to Seth Green fooling around with the set, only for the camera to record the hi-jinx.
- According to his mother Frau, Scott was artificially concieved in a lab after Dr. Evil was frozen. But in the sequel in the closing credits, she revealed to Scott that she was his biological mother (Scott's response was more positive unlike his father). This could most likely be that she was the one who artificially concieved him, or was a result when Dr. Evil traveled back in time and had sex with her after stealing Austin's mojo.
- Scott doesn't consider Mini-Me as part of the family due to his father's clone disrespecting him.
- Deep down, Scott loves his father.
- Goldmember becomes his assistant in the end as though in most parts, they were not seen again.
Criminal Record[edit | edit source]
- Murder, Scott helped his father dump Mr. Roboto into the shark tank to avoid having to pay a bonus, he seemed extremely exhilirated at Roboto's death to the point that even Dr. Evil was somewhat disturbed.
- Attempted World Domination, Scott took over the criminal empire because he is enraged that his family moved to Austin's side.