Vanessa Kensington was born to Louis and Marie Kensington at an unknown time. Little is known about her childhood. When Mrs. Kensington retired from British Intelligence, Vanessa followed in her footsteps and became an agent. She is introduced by Basil Exposition as "one of our top agents."
International Man of Mystery Edit
When Austin Powers is unfrozen in 1997, Vanessa is assigned as his partner, both to help him catch Dr. Evil and to serve to help acclimatize him to the 90's. She is at first disgusted by Austin's teeth and politically incorrect, womanizing sensibilities, but soon warms to his good nature and falls in love with him. That love is reciprocated, to the point where Austin vows to be a one-woman man just for her. At the end of the film, she and Austin get married and are shown nude, with strategically placed props in their honeymoon suite. They are attacked by Random Task in their suite, but she managed to defeat him by smashing a vase over his head while he's distracted by Austin using the Swedish-made Penis Enlarger Pump on him.
The Spy Who Shagged MeEdit
In the second Austin Powers film, after having sex with Austin on their honeymoon, Vanessa is quickly revealed as a Fembot when Austin inadvertently controls her with his television remote. She soon after attempts to kill him and self-destructs. Austin briefly grieves, but quickly gets over it, realizing he's single again.
It is presumed that the real Vanessa was killed by Dr. Evil sometime between Vanessa and Austin meeting and their marriage.
Vanessa has a slim build with brown hair and crystal blue eyes just like her mother.
Basil Exposition works with Vanessa Kensington in British Intelligence. He has a lot of respect for her skills and talents, calling her "one of our top agents."
- According to online fan polls, Vanessa is rated the sexiest Austin Powers girl.
- In one scene, it is hinted that Vanessa might be terrible in bed, but we later discover that she is actually quite adept in these matters.
- At the beginning of The Spy Who Shagged Me, it is hinted that Vannessa may have inherited her mother's skills in bed.
- Many Austin Powers fans have ranked each Powers girl in terms of sexual stamina, in these polls Vanessa was consistently voted #1 in the bedroom.
- Vanessa can be considered like a version of Vesper Lynd (Eva Green) and Tracy Bond (Diana Rigg). Both Vanessa and Vesper are British secret agents and love interest of Austin Powers and James Bond, and both are killed. Also Vanessa studied at Oxford before becoming a spy.
- It is highly questioned how Vanessa can be a Fembot, as she has a mother and talks to her on the phone. However, Mrs. Kensington may also be a fembot, but this idea is shot down due to the fact that the Fembots were created 30 years later.
- It is speculated, although not confirmed, that Vanessa was at some point in the film was replaced with a Fembot doppelganger. However, fans of the films believe that Dr. Evil secretly had her killed before the end of the film (though what became of her remains is unknown) but this is not seen in the first movie nor in deleted scenes.